Reality involves many players.
As you go through the mess, you'll encounter several types of players:
- Current users: People who interact with whatever you're making.
- Potential users: People you hope to reach.
- Stakeholders: People who care about the outcome of what you're making.
- Competitors: People who share your current or potential users.
- Distractors: People that could take attention away from your intent.
You may play several of these roles yourself. Be aware of potential conflicts there.
For example, if you believe your users are like you but they're not, there's more room for incorrect assumptions and miscommunications.